A light-weight plugin which will remove the advertisement HTML comments coming from the Google Analytics plugin created by MonsterInsights, such as:
<!-- This site uses the Google Analytics by MonsterInsights plugin -->
This is a must-have plugin if you have Google Analytics by MonsterInsights installed.
This plugin requires Google Analytics by MonsterInsights. If you do not have Google Analytics by MonsterInsights activated, this plugin will not work. Also compatible with the pro version of the mentioned plugin.
Like this plugin?
If you like this plugin, make sure to rate it 5 stars. Also check out Remove Yoast SEO comments!
- Upload the ‘remove-google-analytics-comments’ folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- All done! The HTML comments are now removed from your front-end source code.
- When Google Analytics by MonsterInsights updates their plugin, will the HTML comments stay removed?
Yes, they will stay removed.
- Does this plugin add any configuration options?
No, activate the plugin and you are done! This plugin will not add any extra tables or such to your database.
- Why does this plugin exist?
The HTML comments coming from the Google Analytics by MonsterInsights plugin give out information such as plugin version and type. When there is a exploit in the Google Analytics by MonsterInsights plugin, hackers may take advantage of that exploit to hack your website. A good reason to remove them.
- Will this plugin modify any of my Google Analytics by MonsterInsights plugin files?
No, this plugin will not modify any of your Google Analytics by MonsterInsights plugin files.
Contributors & Developers
“Remove Google Analytics (MonsterInsights) comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Remove Google Analytics (MonsterInsights) comments” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed an security vulnerability regarding
- Added support for WordPress 4.7
- Initial release